Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Akshay Kumar thoroughly enjoying the IPL matches

He’s not in South Africa. He’s not even in India. Akshay Kumar is catching up on all the IPL action from Singapore. The actor, shooting for Priyadarshan’s movie De Dana Dan with Katrina Kaif and Sunil Shetty in Singapore, was in for a rude shock when he found that the hotel he had checked in did not beam the channel telecasting the IPL matches. “The most important thing to me, my IPL! I called up my producer and said I don't care where I stay, even if it's in the back of a kitchen, I need to watch my IPL. Bad news, my hotel didn't have the channel so what else could I do but personally find the hotel manager and fold my hands in humble request and plead and plead for whatever it takes to please get that channel,” Akshay wrote on his blog. Akshay’s request was heeded and the very next day the hotel began airing the channel that telecasts the matches of the ongoing IPL tournament in South Africa. Now, after the day’s shoot, Akshay often switches on his TV set to watch the matches, and he’s thrilled over how the tournament has progressed so far. “…wow! What a season it's been. Seriously, I wish the best for all the teams. You have me on the edge of my seat,” Akshay writes. The film’s producer Ratan Jain has confirmed to a tabloid that not just Akshay, but the “entire unit” now watches the matches during breaks. Katrina, meanwhile, hasn’t been keeping too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment